Apply Now

Undergraduate Programs

First time freshmen, transfer students and students who wish to apply for associate or bachelor’s degree programs.

Graduate Programs

Students who wish to apply for master’s degree programs or advanced certifications.

Online Programs

Students who wish to apply for our online-only degree programs.

You are here

Request Information

There’s no better time than now to take the next step in your education. Request information for a Medaille College program below... 

Undergraduate Programs

First-time freshmen and transfer students looking for the full on-campus college experience.

Adult and Graduate Programs

Working professionals and adults who've been out of school for a while, looking to advance their careers.

Online Programs

Students looking to earn a degree entirely online.

Visit Medaille

Undergraduate Programs

High school students and transfer students who want to enroll in day classes at the Buffalo campus.

Adult and Graduate Programs

Adult learners applying to our undergraduate or graduate degree programs at either our Buffalo or Rochester campuses.

Online Programs

Adult learners applying to our online undergraduate or graduate degree programs.

Grade Appealnext

You are here

Grade Appeal

Students who believe a final grade in a given course represents an inaccurate evaluation of their work have the right to appeal. This appeal must be submitted in writing within 60 days of the semester’s grade report. This written appeal should be directed to the instructor of the course in question. The student should be prepared to demonstrate how the assigned grade fails to correspond with the instructor’s stated course requirements and grading standards. If the student is unable to resolve the grade satisfactorily with the instructor, the student should forward the appeal to the instructor’s division head and, thereafter, the Vice President for Academic Affairs or a designee. The Vice President’s decision is final.


Adult/Graduate/Online Grade Appeal

This policy applies to Adult/Graduate/Online students only.

Academically related conflicts between a student and an instructor should be addressed promptly.  Students should understand that grading is viewed as a contractual relationship between the faculty member and the student. Although students have the right to protest, actual changes in grades are both rare and at the discretion of the faculty member.  Academic Services will intervene only in extreme circumstances and, even then, only as an intermediary.

Should a student believe there is concrete reason to protest a grade for a course, the procedures are as follows (within one week of the grades becoming available on MedailleOne):

  • The student should discuss his or her course work with the instructor and review the grading policies for the course.
  • If the student is still dissatisfied following the discussion with the instructor, a written appeal should be submitted to Academic Services.

A grade may be changed only if there is unequivocal evidence that the grade was the direct result of arbitrary and capricious conduct on the part of the instructor or of mathematical or mechanical errors in scoring course work.  Grade changes must be requested within one month from the awarding of the original final course grade.  All grade changes are approved by the Office of Academic Affairs.

Rev. 10/2015