18 Agassiz Circle
Buffalo, NY 14214
30 Wilson Rd.
Amherst, NY 14221
1880 S. Winton Rd.
Rochester, NY 14618
This summary is meant to provide a general overview of the benefits offered to all regular full-time and ten-month employees of Medaille College.
All full-time employees have the option of joining the medical and dental plan offered by the College. Currently, participating employees are provided either individual or family medical benefit insurance coverage. The College currently pays 80% of the premium and the employee pays the remaining 20%. Included in the medical package are a prescription card with nominal co-pay and a dental plan.
Medical coverage is offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield. Dental coverage is offered through Lincoln Life and Annuity Company of New York.
This plan allows a full-time employee to have amounts withheld from their paychecks and paid into "spending accounts." The contributions set aside into these accounts are tax-free and can be used to reimburse the employee for qualifying expenses. Funds distributed to these accounts are exempt from FICA, Federal and New York State taxes. IRS regulations require that any balance left in your "spending accounts" at the end of the plan year will be forfeited.
Supplemental insurance (cancer and/or accident) is a voluntary benefit offered to all regular full-time and ten-month employees through AFLAC New York.
Group life insurance (with an accidental death and dismemberment clause) is fully paid by the College for all full-time employees. The amount of insurance is equal to twice the employee’s annual compensation. The maximum value of the benefit is $200,000. Currently, the group life and D & D policy offered by the College are through Lincoln Life and Annuity Company of New York.
After three (3) months of continuous service, regular full-time employees and ten-month employees are provided long-term disability insurance benefits at no cost to the employee. Currently, the long-term disability policy offered by the College is through Lincoln Life and Annuity Company of New York.
To assist employees in providing for their retirement years, the College participates in two (2) retirement plans: (1) Teacher’s Insurance (TIAA-CREF) and (2) The Equitable.
Both plans are optional. All regular full-time employees and ten-month employees are eligible to participate immediately. After one (1) year of continuous service, participants will receive a matching contribution by the College equal to the employee’s contribution up to a maximum of 6%. Existing contract members are immediately eligible for the match.
Based on employee’s years of service, the matching contribution by the College increases. Here’s how it works:
|Years of Service||Match|
|1 to 5||6%|
|6 to 10||7%|
|11 to 15||7.5%|
Regular full-time employees, ten-month employees, and their dependent children, as qualified under financial aid regulations are eligible for a full tuition waiver less the amount of grants. Spouses are eligible for a tuition waiver of six (6) credit hours per semester less the grants.
New employees, upon completion of six months of continuous service, are eligible to utilize the tuition waiver benefit.
Employee Tuition Waiver Procedures and Form
Medaille College participates in three Tuition Exchange Programs that allow eligible employees and their dependents to participate in tuition remission. These programs are as follows:
These programs can be utilized by dependents of full-time employees as qualified under the Federal Financial Aid Regulations, spouses of full-time employees and employees themselves.
All recipients must apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is available in the Financial Aid Office.
Acceptance into the program is at the discretion of the participating college. Each college within the network agrees to import a limited number of students per academic year. Therefore, it is advisable to apply early. One program may have more stringent criteria than the other, and limitations may be warranted.***
To determine if you are a qualifying member and have met your criteria you should contact the Human Resources Office.
You may obtain a current list of all participating colleges and universities from the Financial Aid Office.
Employees who have twenty (20) or more years of service will be appropriately recognized.
The instructors were knowledgeable and welcomed class discussions, with
respect for each student's contribution. I've learned how to be a more
effective leader. My capstone class gave insight on how to combine all
the education learned to operate a business. That's when I realized how
much I had sharpened my knowledge.