Parking and Bussesnext
You are here
- For academic year 2014 - 2015, all new incoming non-resident freshmen will park at the auxiliary parking lot located at the Buffalo Zoo, located at Parkside Avenue and Jewitt Parkway. Shuttle service will be provided between the lot and Campus from 7 am - 6 pm Monday - Friday, leaving approximately every 15 minutes. Public Safety Officers will provide security at the Zoo Lot from 7 am - 6 pm or until the last car leaves. Note: After 6 pm on Monday - Friday call Public Safety for an escort to the Zoo Lot. Space permitting, new freshmen and commuter students will be permitted to park on campus after 2:00 pm.
- Every Student, Faculty, or Staff member's personal vehicle parked on Campus or at the auxiliary Buffalo Zoo lot MUST display a valid parking permit. These permits may be obtained from the Public Safety Office. Student parking permits must be renewed each academic year.
- Prior to the issuance of any parking permit, an application (Public Safety Information sheet) needs to be completely filled out and a valid Driver's license and vehicle registration must be presented.
- The Faculty/Staff hanging parking permit shall be hung from the inside rearview mirror in a manner which is readable from the outside of the vehicle. Student stick-on-decals must be affixed to the back of the rearview mirror and be seen from the front windshield.
- Parking Permits, with the exception of first time Freshmen Students (Zoo parking) are valid in any legal parking space on campus which is not specifically marked for some other purpose. Parking spaces are not guaranteed. Once the lots are full everyone must park at the auxiliary Buffalo Zoo lot.
- Vehicles parked in Handicapped spaces must display a NYS handicapped plate or handicapped tag.
- Vehicles must park inside the clearly marked parking spaces. Vehicles occupying more than one parking space or parked diagonally will be ticketed.
- Parking is not permitted in the following areas:
- Reserved Office of the President
- Delivery/Loading Zones
Commercial Vehicles Only
Reserved Residence Life
No Parking Zones
No Overnight Parking 11pm-7am November 1 - April 15
Near Fire Hydrants
In Fire Lanes
No Parking on the GRASS
Reserved College Vans
No Standing Zones
Barricaded/Coned off spaces
- Vehicles illegally parked may be towed at the owner's expense. This will include the parking summons, the tow and storage charge.
- All bicycles are to be locked in bike racks. Bicycles are not permitted in any of the buildings. You are responsible for securing your own bicycle.
- Anyone with a legitimate reason for not parking legally who wishes to contest the issuance of a Parking Summons must do so in writing within 10 days from the date the summons was issued. NO DISPUTES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 10 DAYS! Forms are available at the Public Safety Office or theInformation Office and on the Medaille website.
- The Adjuducation Hearing Committee, with representatives from Public Safety and the Office of Student Affairs and Residence Life, will hold hearings the first Tuesday of each month from 9:00AM-10:30AM and 2:00PM-3:30PM in the Public Safety Conference Room. A decision will be rendered, in writing, after all facts have been presented.
- Tickets can be paid by cash or check at the Public Safety Office, 8am-3pm Mon. - Fri. If paying by Debit or Credit Card payment must be made at the Student Account Office room 130 of the Main Building.
- Fines range from $20.00 to $50.00 depending on the violation. Non-payment will result in the fine doubling and a hold will be placed on your account. This hold will result in the violator being unable to register for classes, receive grades and/or transcripts.
Snow Removal Policy:
- From November 1st - April 15th, "No Overnight Parking" is allowed between the hours of 11:00pm - 7:00am on all Roadways, Front Parking Lot, Admissions House, and the Rear Parking Lot (behind the Main Building from Huber Hall to the roadway along side of the Sullivan Campus Center).
- A snow removal map is posted in each Residence Hall, the Main Building and Campus Center for your information.
- Any vehicle found in violation of this policy will be subject to a parking summons and/or towing at the owner's expense.
Bus Shuttle Information
For academic year 2014 - 2015, all new incoming freshmen, Commuter Students will park at the auxiliary parking lot located at the Buffalo Zoo, Parkside Avenue and Jewitt Parkway. Shuttle service will be provided between the lot and Campus from 7 am - 6 pm, Monday-Friday leaving approximately every 15 minutes. Public Safety Officers will provide security at the Zoo Lot from 7 am - 6 pm or until the last car leaves.
Note: After 6 pm on Monday - Friday call Public Safety for an escort to the Zoo Lot.
Space permitting, new freshmen and commuter students will be permitted to park on campus after 2:00 pm
Bus Pass Information
"Effective Fall 2012, the College will offer discounted monthly NFTA-Metro passes through the Student Affairs Office, located on the second floor of the Kevin I. Sullivan Center. The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority provides bus and Metro rail (subway) service throughout the Western New York Region. Their website includes routes and schedules, special services for accessibility, and other essential information."
Note: Contact Student Affairs Office at (716) 880 - 2218 for information on obtaining Bus Passes