Applicants must have:
- Graduated with a baccalaureate or advanced degree from a regionally accredited institution or an appropriately certified foreign institution.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 (on a scale of 4.0) or the equivalent for all degrees attained.
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 (on a scale of 4.0) or the equivalent is preferred for the following:
- Last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- GPA in undergraduate psychology coursework
- Applicants with graduate-level coursework
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Preference may be given to doctoral applicants possessing experience relevant to the field of psychology.
Applicants must successfully complete (grade of B- or better) 15 credit hours in psychology including the following courses:
- Introductory Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Research Methods or Statistics
A student who has not completed the required undergraduate coursework prior to admission may be admitted as a student-at-large pending completion of all foundation courses. All prerequisite coursework must be completed no later than the end of the first term of enrollment. A student missing prerequisite courses may be prohibited from enrolling in certain required first-year courses, thus delaying the start of practicum.
Instructions for Application:
In addition to the online application and $35 non-refundable application fee applicants must submit the following:
- Official transcripts from each college attended
- Curriculum vitae or Resume
- Autobiographical Statement answering the following questions.
- What are your long term professional goals?
- How have you explored your interests in a career in professional psychology?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses for a career in clinical psychology?
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores: The GRE is required of all PsyD applicants. When your official transcripts are received by the admissions office and your GPA is above 3.5 for both undergraduate and graduate coursework this requirement will be waived. The admissions office will notify you if the GRE requirement is waived.
- Three completed Applicant Reference forms with accompanying letters of recommendation from professionals who know your qualifications.
- If any portion of a prospective student’s application or supporting documents are found to be falsified or plagiarized, the prospective student will be denied admission into Medaille College
Send materials to:
30 Wilson Rd.
Williamsville, NY 14221
International students must have the equivalent of a 4-year US or Canadian bachelor’s degree and provide a certified copy of their undergraduate bachelor’s degree(s). Certified translations of transcripts, and evaluations by WES (www.wes.org) must accompany these transcripts. The results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) are also required for students for whom English is a second language. Students must have a minimum TOEFL score of 213 (computer based), 80 (internet based) or 550 (paper based).