All Education programs admit students for starts in the Fall and Spring. Some of the Education programs have a summer start. Check with the Graduate Admissions Office for specific program starts.
Successful admissions candidates will generally have met the following selection criteria:
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 2.7: The Graduate Admissions Committee reviews the undergraduate record, noting the total GPA, the area of concentration, and the trend of grades. A minimum 2.7 GPA is recommended, although all applications will be reviewed. Students under 2.7 will require convincing evidence of intellectual ability, communications skills, and initiative.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited educational institution.
- Letters of Recommendation-The Committee reviews letters of recommendation as they contribute to an understanding of the applicant's academic ability, leadership skills, aptitude for graduate study and relatable traits for working with children. All applications are required to have two work-related letters submitted for review. Character reference letters are not acceptable.
- International students must have a minimum TOEFL scores of 213 (computer version) or 550 (paper version) for applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction.
Medaille College reserves the right to request an interview with the Program Director or Admissions counselor as a part of the application process.
- Completed application (available from our office, or apply online)
- Philosophy of Education (500 word essay)
- Two professional or academic letters of recommendation (they should demonstrate the applicant's academic ability, leadership skills, aptitude for graduate study and relatable traits for working with children)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Official high school transcripts (Elementary Education and Adolescent applicants only)
- If any portion of a prospective student’s application or supporting documents are found to be falsified or plagiarized, the prospective student will be denied admission into Medaille College